Pocket Cloth Diaper with Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ)
The Lighthouse Kids Co. reusable, Pocket cloth diaper with AWJ Athletic Wicking Jersey is made from premium recycled fabric. Our Athletic wicking jersey (AWJ) mesh inner keeps baby cool and rash free!
About our Pocket Cloth Diapers with AWJ:
- Our reusable pocket diapers with AWJ come in two sizes and are designed to grow with your baby. They adjust to fit baby's waist and legs no matter what size.
- Size 1 fits babies from 6-32lbs, and Size 2 fits babies from 15-55lbs.
- You can choose to add the the Lighthouse Bamboo Lux inserts. These are made from the highest quality, cloud soft and OEKO-Tex® Certified Bamboo: SHKO 108862 TESTEX.
- With a total of 8-layers of absorbency, this insert works magically for even the heaviest of wetters!
- If using our Bamboo Lux inserts, simply flip the insert to the dry side of the insert for nights and naps, and the wet side of the insert for potty learning.
- The LKC pocket cloth diapers with Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ) eliminates the need to purchase newborn cloth diapers. Our Size 1 fits babies from 6-32lbs, and Size 2 fits from 15-55lbs.
- Our Stretch Lux TPU® cloth diaper is heat bonded, and solvent free.
- All of our diapers are CPSC certified and tested in the US. They are free from PFAS toxins, lead, and phthalates.
Inserts NOT included, make sure to add the insert option above if needed. To see individual inserts click here.
These trim-fitting cloth diapers have an adjustable rise, which means they work for babies from birth to potty.
Size 1 (6-32lbs)
- Best if starting from newborn stage.
- Best for tall, lean, or skinny babies.
- Best for babies with thin legs.
- Fits longer than newborn diapers, up to 32lbs.
Size 2 (15-55lbs)
- Best for chunky or big babies.
- Great for parents who don't want to start at a young age.
- Great for toddlers or heavy wetters.
- Best for kids with special needs.
- Inside, cloth diaper is lined with Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ) material to keep baby cool.
- This material also sprays off any diaper messes very easily.
- Inserts are made of 80% Bamboo and 20% Cotton and it is OEKO-Tex® Certified: SHKO 108862 TESTEX.
- Stay-dry side is made with polar fleece:
- One side of the insert can be flipped so baby stays dry at night.
- The other side of the insert can be flipped so baby feels wet for potty learning.
Are Inserts Included with the Pocket Diaper?
Our pocket cloth diaper outers are sold without inserts. You may add inserts separately by clicking on the Bamboo Insert option above the add to cart button. If you would like to add additional inserts click here.
How Do You Wash Pocket Cloth Diapers?
Add the content to appear when the content is expanded
AWJ Pocket Cloth Diaper
Our pocket cloth diapers were the original Athletic Wicking Jersey AWJ diaper in the US! Our best-selling design is what's made our cloth diapers a favorite since 2017!
LKC Bamboo Lux Insert
Our Bookfold Bamboo Lux insert is the softest, thirstiest insert you'll ever use! Made out of 4 layers of absorbency on each side, this insert has a total of 8 absorbent OEKO-Tex certified bamboo layers.
Use our amazing inserts to keep baby dry for nights or naps, or to help your big baby potty train.
Pocket Cloth Diapers with AWJ
Pocket Cloth Diapers: The Ultimate Guide to Diapering
Pocket cloth diapers have stretchy openings at the waist and legs.
These openings make it easier to manage messes. The diapers also have convenient snaps. These snaps allow for adjusting the waist and rise. This makes pocket diapers one-size-fits-all.
Pocket cloth diapers with AWJ feature an opening in the pocket inside that needs to be stuffed with absorbent inserts. You can choose from inserts made of microfiber, cotton, bamboo, or hemp. Pocket diapers have a special lining that keeps the baby feeling dry, even when they are wet.
Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ) in pocket diapers prevents rashes, especially for those sensitive to dampness on their skin. Lighthouse Kids Company Pocket Cloth Diapers feature a super thirsty natural fiber, super absorbent bamboo insert.
When you change your baby's diaper, make sure to remove the inserts. Clean off any poop from the diaper, then put both the insert and diaper shell in a wet bag. Keep them in the wet bag until you do laundry.
Pros of pocket cloth diapers:
- Easy to put on the baby.
- Easy to increase absorbency by adding extra inserts if you have a heavy-wetting baby.
- Since the outer shell and insert are detachable, pocket diapers dry quickly.
If your inserts are made of bamboo like Lighthouse Kids Company, the inserts can also go on top of the Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ) lining, for faster absorbency for heavy wetters.
Cons of pocket cloth diapers with AWJ:
- More expensive than other types of cloth diapers, like prefolds, or covers.
- Stuffing inserts after washing can take considerable time if you have a larger cloth diaper stash.
When should you choose pocket cloth diapers?
If you're a first-time cloth diapering parent, pocket cloth diapers might be a great option. They're user-friendly and are as easy to use as a disposable diaper.
Pocket diapers with AWJ are also simple to clean and maintain, and they are easy to customize. If you need to add to the absorbency, you can add additional inserts.
Advantages of Pocket Diapers
Pocket diapers offer significant benefits, including their eco-friendliness and user-friendliness. Disposable diapers generate enormous waste, requiring centuries to break down in dumps. Pocket diapers, on the other hand, are reusable and great for the environment.
Cost-Effectiveness of Pocket Cloth Diapers with Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ)
While the upfront cost of pocket cloth diapers is higher, they prove to be more economical in the long run. The savings multiply when used for several children. With appropriate maintenance, pocket cloth diapers can endure for years, eliminating the need for regular diaper buying.
Health Benefits of Pocket Diapers with AWJ
Pocket cloth diapers don't have any chemicals commonly present in disposable diapers, like chlorine, scents, and colorants. This helps keep the baby irritation free.
Easy to Use
Pocket cloth diapers with Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ) are convenient to use and don't have adjustable snaps, making them as practical as disposable diapers during diaper changes.
Caring for Pocket Cloth Diapers with Athletic Wicking Jersey
Proper Washing Routine
Pocket diapers need to be washed with a detergent that's safe for cloth diapers. Don't use fabric softeners, bleach, or other additives, as they can harm the diapers and lessen their ability to absorb.
Pocket diapers can be dried in the air or a machine on low heat. Using high heat can damage the waterproof layer and elasticity.
If your Pocket diapers with AWJ usually don't stain. However, if they do, you can place them outside in the sun can naturally bleach out stains.
How To Wash Pocket Diapers with Athletic Wicking Jersey (AWJ)
Cleaning pocket cloth diapers is important for keeping them absorbent, clean, and long-lasting. Follow these steps to make sure your pocket diapers stay fresh and ready to use again.
Prep Soiled Diapers
Before washing, make sure to clean any solid waste from the diaper. If your baby is solely breastfed, rinsing the diapers isn't necessary as breast milk poop dissolves in water. For babies on formula or solid food, you can use a diaper sprayer, reusable liner or use a disposable liner.
Store the soiled pocket diapers in a wet bag. Don't soak the diapers, this can break down the diaper fabric and elastics.
Pre-Wash Pocket Diapers or Rinse
If your washing machine has a pre-wash cycle, make sure to use it to remove any leftover messes.
Load Size: Don't overload your washing machine. Too many diapers can overwhelm the washing machine and not properly clean. Aim to fill the machine to around 18 cloth diapers (for a regular-size drum).
Wash Cycle: To clean diapers well, use a heavy-duty or regular wash cycle with warm water, not hot. Hot water can harm the waterproof layer and elasticity over time.
Extra Rinse: Make sure to add an additional rinse to eliminate any remaining detergent from the diapers. This can keep your diapers absorbency.
Drying: After washing, use a low heat setting, avoiding high heat. This can damage the waterproof diaper layers.
Avoid Fabric Softeners: Don't use fabric softeners or dryer sheets with cloth diapers. This can cause repelling.
Pocket diapers are an excellent cozy choice for your little one. They are free from chemicals and are environmentally friendly. Switching to pocket cloth diapers now and start your journey towards green parenting.
Pocket Diapers with AWJ Final Tips
1. Don’t buy newborn-size pocket diapers if you can avoid it! Our Size 1 Pockets go from 6-32lbs which means it fits much longer! Some babies don't even need to size up, they can use Size 1 diapers until they potty train.