Washing soiled diapers
There are many different opinions on how to launder cloth diapers. However, everyone's water type, machines and circumstances are different. Keep this in mind when choosing a washing routine. We recommend that you keep it as simple as possible.
- Make sure all solids are removed by using a disposable liner, or spraying into the toilet.
- We recommend washing no more than 18 diapers at a time (unless you have a larger drum/basin).
- Pre-wash with cold water - no detergent.
- This step is simply used to remove any residue left on the diaper. We recommend cold water because it is more environmentally friendly.
- 1 long/heavy duty cycle hot water (140F/60C) wash with detergent.
- 1 additional/final cold rinse to remove any left over detergent residue.
- Dry on low in a tumble dryer, or hang to dry.
LKC does not have a preferred or recommended detergent, however we found that alot of our customers have had luck with Tide, Tide Free and Clear, and Rockin' Green Dirty Diaper Laundry (this is a more natural alternative).