Sustainable parenting is our mission. Every day, within our organization, we look for ways we can not only impact the earth with our products, but with our actions as a company as well. Here is what we do to make sure our passion for sustainable parenthood is carried on through every part of our business.
- Our diapers are made in small batches and delivered approximately every 8-12 weeks to keep inventory fresh and avoid unnecessary waste in production.
- We say NO to plastic waste. We do not use individual plastic bags in during shipment from our factory to our US warehouse.
- Our cloth diapers are bundled in scrap pieces of fabric that we reuse in our warehouse operations.
- We use certified 100% compostable bags to wrap our individual items that go out to our customers from our distribution center.
- We avoid using plastic items and packaging in our warehouse operations whenever possible.
- Every consumer product is purposefully minimally packaged. We want to see overall waste reduction in our consumer products, so each diaper, wet bag, swaddle includes a simple 100% recycled, reforested paper card.
Why We Use Bamboo Fabric In Our Diapers
Bamboo is the most sustainable crop in the world. It grows and thrives with very little water, and once it's harvested for use, it grows back incredibly fast. We chose to us OEKO-TEX Certified Bamboo because we want to make sure that no chemicals are left in our fabrics before production of our diapers, making LKC one of safest diapers in the market today.
Global Factory and Production
Our carefully curated product range is fit for all seasons, making it easy to maintain a small and tight-knit supply chain. We have long term relationships with factories that provide an abundance of products, from cloth diapers, to leggings, bags, and baby shoes. In addition, we meet stringent U.S third party safety standards making sure every product batch is tested and safe for baby and parents.
Lighthouse Kids prides itself on being a global brand. By establishing a multi-national supply chain, we ensure that each individual product is made in the location with the greatest expertise.
Carbon Neutral Shipments
*New for 2021* For every one of our amazing products that ships, you can now offset the carbon footprint with a positive environmental impact. That means the emissions from manufacturing and shipping your favorite Lighthouse Kids Company products can be made 100% carbon neutral! You will be given the option to make your order carbon neutral at checkout.
Here is how our community has done so far in 2021
You can choose to make your order carbon neutral during checkout at every order, by clicking the carbon neutral box during checkout.
Here is the project Lighthouse Kids Company is funding with our Carbon Neutral Program:
Tri-City Forest in West Springfield, Massachusetts
The Tri-City Forest sprawls over three cities in Massachusetts: Holyoke, Westfield, and West Springfield. An improved forest management project, the Tri-City Forest works to project over 6,500 acres of forest and captures over 100,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide each year. Improved Forest Management (IFM) is an agriculture, forestry and land-use project category that relates to forest management activities that result in increased carbon stocks within forests and/or reduce greenhouse gas emissions from forestry activities when compared to business-as-usual forestry practices. The Tri-City Forest in particular generates revenue for the communities involved in the form of carbon stock in exchange for the benefits that the protected lands provide. This exchange enables the project to benefit the environment while not removing an essential form of income from the surrounding community.
Benefits of Helping the Tri-City Forest Project
- Significantly reduces carbon emissions in the atmosphere.
- Protects the environment and habitats of many species of animals.
- Supports the local communities by maintaining healthy watershed which ensures healthy ecosystems and clean water.
- Serves as a natural water filter for surrounding areas.
- Improves forest management operation by implementing sustainable forestry practices that help reduce greenhouse gases and contribute to carbon sequestration.
Founded in 1996 as the first private voluntary offset program in the world, ACR has twenty-five years of unparalleled experience in the development of rigorous, science-based carbon offset standards and methodologies as well as operational experience in carbon offset project registration, verification oversight and offset issuance.
Thank you for helping Lighthouse Kids Co. offset your purchase with carbon neutral shipping. We work hard to make sure that our products are not only good for you baby, but good for the environment we leave for them. We believe it is our mission to leave the earth a little bit better than we found it.